Friday 24 April 2009

Trip to the Mental Hospital...






My brother recently moved house, and now lives near a mental hospital. Our Lady's Hospital has been closed & derelict for 20 years, for a long time it was Ireland's largest building, it's over a mile in length. You'd have to wonder why Cork needed such a huge hospital for mentals, I mean if mental health is such a huge problem, where are all the mental people now (I'm sitting in front of my Computer)? Anyway, we broke in, by far the creepiest place you can imagine, we were too scared to explore any more of it. Everything seems to be left in place since the day it closed. The chapel is almost unbearablely creepy to be inside. If you imagine all the suffering & pain that this place has seen, and you can almost taste it in there, there must be some ghosts walking around that place. I'm gonna go and meet some tomorrow night...

....More Pics here....http://sites.google.com/site/owenscanlan/mental-hospital














No comments: